Over the 16 years that Beverly has been training human service providers including social workers, therapists, caregivers, emergency workers, department of probation, teachers and others who face secondary and vicarious trauma; she has heard over and over again: “We need more!” So here it is...become a Trauma Informed Compassion Fatigue Specialist.
Become trauma informed compassion fatigue specialists with skills to take appropriate supportive action to mitigate the impact of trauma on yourself and other caregivers. With a focus on best practices in shifting individual resiliency and influencing organizational culture, trainees will benefit from the possibilities of increased work satisfaction, enhanced self-efficacy and excellent client care. Those in management are encouraged to attend.
This activity is pending approval from the National Association of Social Workers.
• Define and identify examples for compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, secondary trauma, and burnout.
• Articulate why prevention of compassion fatigue is a critical part of our work and life.
• Practice proactive strategies to support resilience and sustainability.
• Recognize warning signs and indicators when self or others struggle with compassion fatigue.
• Recognize and take appropriate action on behalf of colleagues and self by responding to challenging situations with a range of techniques and strategies to mitigate effects.
• Use lens of cultural humility.
Our goal for this program is to support organizations in developing a trauma informed organization that supports the retention and resiliency of staff enabling them to provide quality services.
Completion of this training is step 1 towards this goal. Additional manager specific and training for trainers will follow.
Beverly is a Speaker, Educator, Consultant, Certified Compassion Fatigue Specialist and Author who has devoted 16 years to training Human Service Providers and Family Caregivers; helping them employ self-care recovery and neuro-physiological regulation strategies. By understanding the risk factors and prioritizing techniques, they can re-bound and remain effective and available to help those impacted by traumatic life experiences and At-Risk populations. Beverly’s training and coaching provides engaging, applicable and practical tools for sustainability and wellness.